Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Why Do You Do What You Do?


So, you like to reach for the stars! Have you ever stopped to ask yourself, “Why do I want to touch them?” As I explore my next moves for the great year of 2011, I find myself being bombarded with tips and advice for handling great success. Premonitions? I hope so!
I quote Jack Canfield in saying, “You don’t want to get to the top of the ladder only to find out you had it leaning up against the wrong wall.” As I prepare to watch my business plan unfold before me, I’ve stopped to double-check that what I’m looking for is really what I want.
I’m pulling this next bit from Martha Beck’s article in the January 2011 edition of O Magazine. To paraphrase, Martha had clients coming into her office with big dreams, like having a baby and getting a huge promotion. When they got what they had been asking for, it turned out to be a different experience than what they had expected.
For instance, the woman who wanted the baby wanted to be loved. She imagined the baby arriving, nuzzling her, cooing at her, and growing up to admire her forevermore. What she got was a baby—who would do all that, but it wasn’t as dreamy as she had pictured it. That little person also came with colic, dirty diapers, and sleepless nights.

Read more here:

No comments:

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!