Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Craft Show Tips


Branding
Include your company logo on a sign somewhere at your booth. Whether it’s a large banner or just a small sign, you want to give your potential customers a visual they will remember. Hang tags on all your products are another great way carry branding throughout your booth and to provide customers with valuable information about your pieces. I use our hang tags to include sizing and pricing information. I created lots of small signs with images of Bean in our products to help customers visualize the way they look in action. Most of our signs were destroyed after our last outdoor fair when it rained, so I invested in laminating everything so we could use them again and again. I did not include pricing information on the laminated signs so that if prices change (we include sales tax so when we go to different states it often does) we can still always use our signs.
Inventory
I brought WAY more inventory than I needed out to Portland, but when people wanted something in a different size I always had it on hand. That’s money in my pocket I wouldn’t have had otherwise and more of my product out in the world. Many people are not comfortable placing orders at shows and waiting several weeks for a product to be shipped to them. A lot of folks come to shows expecting to purchase on the spot, and will expect to have multiple sizes or colors available to them. I put one of everything out on the table and keep multiples and alternate sizes and colors in tupperware under the table skirt.

Read more here:

No comments:

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!