Wednesday, May 18, 2011

6 Stress Reducing Tips for Business Owners


Yesterday morning I was feeling pretty stressed out. I had a lot to do for Sunday Afternoon Housewife and I couldn’t get to it because I was stuck at the day job all morning. The thoughts alone of everything sitting undone on my to-do list were making me very cranky. For me, it’s that time of year where not only is my business picking up, but demands for my time from everyplace else are increasing, too. Summer means I work a lot more for others, plus there are all sorts of things like graduations, birthdays, holidays (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day…). Oh the list goes on and on.
I really pride myself on my ability to manage my time. I can get a lot done and sometimes I even surprise myself at my ability to manage all I do. The problem I have though isn’t getting the work done, it’s the stress I carry around while doing it. Some times it gives me a headache, sometimes it makes me cranky, and other times it just makes me feel exhausted.
I don’t always manage my stress in the healthiest ways, though some other things I do when I am stressed are more healthy. I like to take my dogs on a long walk with my husband, I like to work in the dirt and grow my garden, I like to have a leisurely dinner with my husband and discuss the day and not feel rushed to get up, and sometimes, I like to take a nap.
There is a ton of advice out there on managing stress, and I asked you all for some tips yesterday on Facebook. You gave me some great advice, but here are the top 6 things which I think are most important for people who, like me, run their own creative businesses.
read more here:

No comments:

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!