Easter Potted Egg Centerpiece Supplies
- 6 clay pots 2 inches wide by 1 ½ inches tall
- 6 wooden eggs 2 inches wide by 2 ½ inches tall – these came painted white
- Pearl acrylic craft paints in pink, teal, gold, purple, copper, yellow, blue and white
- Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint in liquid pearl
- Acrylic paints in lavender, yellow, pale blue, teal, pink, light green and white
- 6 flower stickers of your choice
- Flower vase 5 to 6 inches tall with a narrow base
- Purchased Easter basket grass or green tissue paper cut in thin strips
- 8-inch clear glass plate or a pastel colored plate
- Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
- Paper plate
- Paper towels
Easter Potted Egg Centerpiece Instructions
Prepare the pots1. Paint each pot in a different color with the acrylic paint. You will need to do two or three coats so let them dry completely between coats. You can use a hair dryer to speed the process.
2. After all the coats are done do two coats of white along the outside rim.
3. Place a flower sticker on the front of each pot.
Prepare the eggs.1. If the eggs are not white, paint them completely with two coats of white paint. The colors will come out much nicer if this is done first.
If they are already painted prepare your pearl paints.
2. Lay a paper towel over the paper plate. Choose one or two colors of pearl paint and drop a few drops around the middle of the paper towel.
3. Roll an egg around in the colors.
Pick up the egg with your thumb and forefinger on the top and bottom.
Pick up the paper towel with the paint on it and dab it around on the egg.
You will end up with a pretty pearl marble effect.
4. Set the egg down on a flat protected surface and lightly dab the top of the egg as well.
Set aside to dry.
5. Repeat with the other eggs using a different color combination for each.
6. Let dry for about two hours.
7. Draw one letter of the word “EASTER” on each egg with Scribbles Paint.
You can freehand them or use a stencil. These were done freehand.
8. Set aside to dry for several hours.
Assemble the Potted Eggs1. Run a rim of Tacky Glue around the inside of the top of each pot.
Dab a small amount of the grass around to cover the glue allowing some of the grass to stick out of the pot.
2. Set the pots aside to dry.
3. When the letters of “EASTER” dry completely place glue all around the bottom third of each egg and glue it into a pot being sure to line up the letter with the flower sticker on the pot
Complete the Centerpiece1. Spread more Easter grass on the glass plate.
2. Arrange real or artificial flowers in the vase.
3. Set the vase in the center of the plate.
4. Arrange the potted eggs in order around the vase.