Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ok First Old Prim Picture

Ok this prim is the first in a series of stories I will be publishing this week about my older prims and how it got me started in this whole primitive business. This prim is one I hold the dearest because I made it with my father when I was 15 yrs old.

The story behind this guy is my dad was making wooden crafts for my mother to sell at local shows and shops. He decided to try his hand at whittling wood. Well, he didn't like the way this santa turned out and so he threw it in the trash can he has in his workshop.

I was walking by and saw it and I saw a vision of what it could look like so I dug it out of the trash can, painted it and sanded it and put antiquing stain on it and walla here he is now 22 years later! My dad was amazed at how it transformed after being painted. I have kept this since I was 15. I am 37 now. Every time I bring it out for Christmas it reminds me of this story and time.....

No comments:

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!