Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What Makes A Good Online Shopping Experience?

This is what people have said makes their shopping experience fun and enjoyable:

Searchability – When shopping online, I need to be able to easily find what I’m looking for. I don’t have the time or the patience to click through multiple pages, requiring reloading. In an offline store, I can scan over an area within seconds to see if they have what I’m looking for. I need that same efficiency with my online experience.


Product Info and Photos – Since my preference is to touch and feel something before buying it, I want to be able to virtually touch and feel it online. eBags does an excellent job of communicating a bag’s size, scale and look via multiple photo angles and techniques. They put items (running shoes, water bottle, ipod) into the bags, as well as take a shot with the bag on a mannequin.
eBags Product Shots
Free Shipping and Returns – All three sites offered free shipping if you spend over a certain amount. However, eBags was the only one who offered free returns as well. This makes ordering from them virtually risk free. Victoria’s Secret also makes returns easier – providing a pre-addressed label, but users are charged $5.95 for returns. Free returns from VS would be a big plus, since swimsuit cuts and sizing vary so widely.
Customer Ratings – I love to know what other people who bought the bag thought of it. Consumers have less incentive to lie/mislead – unlike product manufacturers. So, I weigh their objective opinions much more heavily. I have often changed my product selections based on customer ratings…and have never been disappointed. ebags has customer ratings, plus a “Best of the Best” category that highlights bags customers rated highest.
Upsells/You May Also Like/Recommendations – Just like when I’m at the grocery store and I throw in a pack of gum and a magazine while in line waiting, I will usually fall for an impulse buy if presented with a targeted, easy offer. When buying a swimsuit, the odds are good that I’ll add flip flops or a cover up, especially when the site features them on a page I’m already on and makes it easy to add them to my cart.


No comments:

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!