Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Give it to me Straight Truth about Business


In art and in life, we often don’t want to hear honest criticism. However, when you are investing so much time and money in your craft, you want to get the most out of it. Learning to be objective with your work is an important step in transitioning your business from so-so to spectacular.
Maybe this scenario sounds familiar: a friend of a friend hears you are selling on Etsy and asks you for advice about how to get sales. You take a look at his/her shop and the pictures and graphic design could be a lot better.  How do we politely suggest that they retake photos and hire someone to design a new banner? This is sticky stuff. Our work and our shops are very personal, and I often hesitate to come between someone and what they love. I usually suggest taking photos with natural light if they are using a flash, and maybe using a program like Photoshop elements to improve their photos and design. This is my honest opinion of how they can get more sales, put as delicately as possible. However, I almost always find that people weren’t expecting any criticism of the way their shop looks at all. They were looking for a magic bullet that would allow them to do the same thing they’ve been doing and have instant success.  This led me to do a lot of self-evaluation. Am I truly aware of how my own shop looks? Am I being lazy or cutting corners? Am I telling myself the truth?
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” – Albert Einstein

Read more here:

No comments:

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!