Monday, January 24, 2011

Etsy Increase Your Item Views

This is what Danielle of Etsy has to say:

How do you get your Etsy items found by many? I started a dialogue to help answer this question in the Etsy Forums. This thread took on a life of its own so I decided to post my suggestions here and add in a few of the clever responses my thread received. For example, Etsy seller, shalana suggests, "The more items in your shop, the more items that you have to be found on Etsy — that's my little theory!"  Read on for more little theories...
1. Make sure you are using all 14 tags. Your item's tags are directly related to search. If you aren't using all 14 you are missing opportunities! Soov says: "I revisited each piece I had for sale and checked the tags. Yowsa! What was I thinking? I edited the tags and within days sold 3 pieces that had been in my shop for 9 months or more."
"Keep a notebook and for every item, start brainstorming descriptive words for your product. Once you get going, it's quite fun. The notebook will serve as a great source of inspiration to return to.", suggests  themefragrance.
1a. Make sure those tags relate to your item's style, very specific colors, textures, size and themes/motifs. Archeress adds, "One of the other things I've started doing lately, since I sell internationally, is to list my tag colors in the languages of the countries I sell to, as well as list the type of item (necklace, earrings, etc.) in the languages of the countries I sell to."
1b. Don't just copy and paste your tags from one listing to another. Varying your tags will get your work seen in many different searches. 

Read more here:

1 comment:

Dawn from The Pip Berry Tree said...

Great Tips! Thanks for sharing
~ Dawn

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!