Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tips for a Successful Holiday Season


Funky Letter Collage Magnetic Calendar
Funky Letter Collage Magnetic Calendar
I was recently thinking about what I could do to have a successful holiday season here on Etsy. This is actually my shop’s first holiday season, but I wanted to share some ideas that I will be implementing in my shop. You may want to think about these things as well.
 CUSTOMER HOLIDAY CARDS
You send out holiday cards to your friends and family, so why not customers? This year I plan on creating holiday cards for anyone who purchased from my shop during 2010. Basically thanking them for their business in 2010 and wishing them a happy new year. This will keep you fresh in their mind during the holiday season. (Remember to keep the card fairly generic, you never know what holidays they celebrate)
• SHIPPING CUT-OFF DATES
The USPS posts a holiday shipping cut-off chart to show important holiday shipping dates. I checked and they don’t have the schedule up yet but it should be soon. I plan on posting a link in my shop announcement so that customers can make sure they will get their gifts in time. I also plan on posting a reminder on those important dates on Facebook and Twitter. It would go something like “Don’t forget today is the last day for First-Class shipping if you want to receive your items by December 25th!”
Read more here:
 http://www.handmadeology.com/tips-for-a-successful-holiday-season/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+handmadeologytoday+(Handmadeology)

No comments:

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!