Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Marketplace Featured Artisan Judy Bailey

 
 
 
 
1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
 I have had the name of 'Foxglove Folkart' for about
12 years or so now, ever since I began to sell my hand
painted items. The reason I chose Foxglovefolkart' way 
back when, is because I love gardening, and Foxgloves are a 
flower I just love, but never had much luck with. Well, if I can't
have the flower every year, I got the name ,lol!
2. How long have you been on Etsy?
Ummmmmmmm, for about a year or so.
3. What type of items do you offer?
I offer my hand painted and usually one-of-a-kind items. 
Everything from Shabby Chic Roses to Prim crows and Salt 
Box Houses. I like painting different styles, and 
I love painting on glass!
4. How long have you been crafting?
I've been crafting since I was a kid. I learned to sew in
school, fell in love with that and ever since have made 
my own and others clothing. I have also at one time or another,
done ceramics, macrame, embroidery, doll making, 
cross stitching,
played with Polymer Clay (Sculpy), and I still 
am an avid knitter 
and crocheter. I also used to do A LOT of quilting, 
and still have 
a fabric stash to prove it,lol! I need something to 
do with my hands
when watching the 'boob tube' at night with hubby. 
I taught myself to
paint about 13 years ago, soon after a car accident. 
I'm an x-truck 
driver by profession, but after the accident, 
I couldn't drive my personal
vehicle any distance, let alone the Highway 
trucks we used to own. One day, 
I don't know exactly where, or when, 
I saw some decorative painted ornaments,
and I think it may have been in a magazine 
I seen them in, but I was intrigued. 
Since then, I've bought tons of pattern books,
paints,packets, brushes, 
supplies, and my own scroll saw and sanders. 
I was worse for bringing home 
new power tools than my husband!!! ANyways, 
since learning to paint, it's been
my main focus and a source of added income for us. 
 
 
 
 
 
5. Who or What inspires you?
There are a few designers I just love,which include Terrye French,
Ros Stalcup, Renee Mullins, Holly Hanley, Renee Mullins and more.
But I've also created my own designs from time to time. 
As for inspiration,
I suppose leafing thru my paint magazines or pattern 
books makes me drag 
out the brushes. But in general, I can't point a finger 
to anything definitive 
that inspires me, and I can't say I'v ever given it much 
thought, truth be told.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I would have to say my Sap Bucket Angel is my favorite. She is my own
design, and done on a 're purposed' maple syrup sap bucket. Painting
on used items is a hand down fav of mine!
7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)
Just in 2 local shops. One is a make-your-own-wine shop, and I sell my 
hand painted wine glasses there. The other is seasonal, 
and called 'Cabin Savy',
and located near Bala Ontario. 
One of the KEWELEST gift and garden shops around!!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/foxglovefolkart

4 comments:

I Play Outside The Box said...

Cute items! Nice feature!

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Judy is so talented - unique offerings - thanks for sharing her work on your wonderful blog!
~*~Lisa

Rabbit Hollow Prims said...

Yep love em all :)

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Love Judy's work! Thank you for sharing it with us :)
Kim

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!