Thursday, April 22, 2010
How to Build a Facebook Fan Page....
The Etsy forums are packed full of amazing information. Etsy Forum Rewind brings these buried posts back to life so more people from the community can benefit from the information. Here is the Original Etsy thread.
I received an email from a customer who was particularly daunted by the idea of building her Facebook page wondering how she would ever be able to build a big fan base. She asked me for some extra tips and I thought I would share them here too. She has an etsy shop and also a tanning salon, so you will see I came up with some ideas for the salon as well. (names have been changed)
1. The best trick I can reveal to you about getting fans is to have as much interactive content as possible. This means that when you post something it should be an item that makes people want to mark as “like” or comment on it. When they do one of these things – every single friend in their network will receive an update that “Jane Meyers commented on a post from Debbie’s Tanning Salon”. Then their friends will click the link out of curiosity, and their friends, etc. This is how you go “viral” on Facebook.
2. I would suggest doing special Facebook-only campaigns. Come up with special offers for Facebook fans only.
3. Post polls, quizzes, facts about your industry…you could come up with some funny posts like “overly-tan celebrity pictures” and then you could explain how to end up not looking like that! You could do a contest for a free session, etc, etc. Just get people engaged and the rest will follow.
4. You may seriously consider paying for a Facebook page ad up front. $10/day will really help you lay your foundation for your fan base.
5. Don’t wait for your old high school friends to find you–find them! And after you do, invite them to become a fan of your page. You need to try and become “friends” with everyone you have ever met, and then send them an invite to become a fan of your shop. Now is not the time to be shy!
Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...
Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?