Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wondering Where to Show off Your Art?

Have you ever thought of local establishments?  I'm talking your local diners, mom and pop stores and especially your local coffee shops not the large chain shops as they have set artwork but the locally run shops.  I remember when I lived in Pittsburgh, I used to frequent a shop on the southside called the Beehive.  A bunch of artwork was displayed there and I remember buying some at the time.  I wasn't making dolls then so it never occurred to me to sell my art in local shops.
 Local coffee shops would be an ideal place to sell artwork as people are constantly going in and out all day long.  You have your morning commuters in for a cup of joe, your college students studying for exams, your regulars, artists and such....just ask the managing barista if you can set up some work in the shop.  Also, a great alternative to the art is if you make bookmarks, notecards, etc to sell......




Other local shoppes may sell your items also if you ask.  Just look for locally owned mom and pop shops.  Slacker comes to my mind.  It is a gothic store way better than Hot Topic....

Some locally owned stores may  also welcome new inventory to sell with a small fee....or comission


All I can say is now that the weather is warming up.  Put on your walking shoes and start to look for the signs.

After you walked around all day and you are feeling kind of hungry support your local diner and stop and get a bite to eat.....

3 comments:

Barbara said...

What a good idea, I'm from Pittsburgh and I'm going to find out if the BeeHive is still there.

Barbara said...

What a great idea. I'm from Pittsburgh and going to find out if the Beehive is still on the South Side.

Rabbit Hollow Prims said...

Hey Barbara as far as I know it is still there...loved that place here is our local shop called rude awakening

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!