Thursday, December 31, 2009

Know Thy Machine

Did you ever wonder about your sewing machine?  Well I for one have found out that you and your machine have to build  a relationship.  Not just any relationship but one sort of similar to dating.  You have to know the ins and outs of the machine.  You have to know what makes it tick.  You sometimes have to baby it, repair it, get the kinks out of it and sometimes it can be downright fussy!  I have learned so much about my machine since I owned it let me tell you!

I now know that an automatic thread loader can be great and I love it but it does have its moments....  I also learned how to thread the bobbin multiple times when it just isn't right.


I have learned to always keep a scrap piece of material by you to TEST out the stitches.


I had many small tools and things come with my machine and I have learned to clean, oil and change parts out of it when necessary.

My next endeavor to learn how to use the embroidery function on it as I have promised my kids I would use that Lightening McQueen kit before they are 20...

Machines can be great and it is just like buying a car or finding a boyfriend or hubby, you have to try them out and find one that fits you.....

No comments:

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!