1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
When I was a little girl, my family moved.
I was very lonely but found a library near
our home, so I would walk there every day
and spend hours browsing at books.
I found a book titled Apple Tree Cottage
and I was absolutely swept away by it.
The cottage was a magical place where
peace and love was found. I decided if
I would name my shop in honor of this book
that has such an impression on me when I was young.
2. How long have you been on Etsy?
I joined Etsy in January, 2008.
3. What type of items do you offer?
I offer an eclectic mix of vintage, folk art
and primitive items. I love to paint on
old pieces that have a story to tell when
they come my way.
4. How long have you been crafting? FOREVER!
I have been fortunate to be surrounded
by people who have encouraged me since I was small.
My husband and my daughter are my two biggest fans.
5. Who or What inspires you?
I love things that come to me with a history.
Old boxes, drawers and coffee pots have a story
to tell and I like to add just a little “prim” icing
on the cake when I find a piece that longs to be reinvented.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I can’t say I have one favorite piece.
I love everything I paint… each item in my
store is something that I would place in my own home.
7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)
I sell only on Etsy.
You may visit my blog at http://appletreecottage.blogspot.com/