Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hard Lessons

So today at school I had 4 girls steal from my food stash. I buy food and then they earn chips to use to buy snacks like chips, airheads, blow pops, etc...Today 4 girls thought it would be a good idea to steal some food. They got caught and then were blaming each other. I called the police officer over to my room and she questioned them. Here they admitted to all stealing the items. I called each parent and explained it to them and the kids got charged. I talked with the kids who were now in tears about wrong choices and left it at that. I had one parent come in because she was so upset that her daughter stole she couldn't work and had to leave. She was in tears and it made me feel bad. She is replacing the items her daughter took. I saw the girl outside and I had a heart to heart with her and I said mom was here and you hurt her. She was in tears because of what you did. The girl looked like she was in deep thought so I left it at that.
Another asked if she could replace the stuff and another mother called me back and said she was very embarrassed by her daughter and couldn't say enough of how sorry she was.
This is peer pressure for you. If you have a child sit and talk with them especially if they are middle school students as this is a big part of their life and if they are not strong willed, this is one of the many things that goes on behind the scenes. This was bad but it could have been much worse. I know these girls are not bad people, they made the wrong choice and hopefully they will think twice before they would ever follow another again. A valuable lesson was learned here today and that is do what is right even if people tell you it is wrong.

No comments:

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!