Monday, October 6, 2008

What I Miss Most About Fall

When I smell the fall air, it brings back so many memories of my childhood. Growing up I lived in the country. My parents house was the first built on the street. I am an only child so I had to entertain myself. I remember my dad had this big leaf picker. It had a box on the back that the leaves would go into and I would sit back there and play in the leaves before he dumped them out in the woods. I also had a Bassett Hound and would take him for long walks down the street. I would play outside all day long as there wasn't a thing such as internet or playstations or such and you had to actually get up to change TV channels. You didn't have to worry about a weirdo kidnapping you either. The fall was a time to have fun and play and sit inside on cold, chilly ,fall nights. I loved going outside with my parents to burn leaves. I can still smell the smell.

Now I live in the suburbs and I kind of feel sorry for my sons as we don't have trees with a lot of leaves to play in and they just don't play outside like I used to as someone has to be out with them to watch them. They want there computers and gaming systems and such. Sometimes I take them to the park just to get out and play like I used to. Do they appreciate it? Who knows? Maybe they will one day miss their fall day as I have?

I know I can't turn back time but sometimes I wish I could just for a moment.

No comments:

Pages- Click on Links to view different pages of my blog...

Would you like me to send you my newsletter when I have new creations? Be the first for sales info and have the PERKS of being on my mailing list? Why not subscribe today?
Enter your Email to join List:

Powered by: MessageBot

Rabbit Hollow Prims- When Only The Best Will Do! Headline Animator

Etsy Items You Can Buy Right Here From This Widgit......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007,2008. Photos, text and artwork are property of Susan O'Connor. All rights reserved. Content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission. Thank you for respecting this policy!